The BRH is the biggest rescue dog organisation in Germany.
More than 600 verified and operational rescue dog teams are available in more than 70 squadrons. After hundreds of hours of training, continuous education and training, testing, and deployment exercises they are able to reliably find missing or buried people under difficult conditions, and save them from a potentially fatal situation.
The BRH is a member of the following associations and organisations.
- DPWV - Deutscher Paritätischer Wohlfahrtsverband / Parität International (since 1983)
- IRO - International Rescue Dog Organisation (founding member, since 1993)
- ADH - Aktion Deutschland hilft (via the DPWV, since 2001)
- dhv - Deutscher Hundesportverband (since 2003)
- VDH - Verband für das Deutsche Hundewesen
- FCI - Fédération Cynologique Internationale